NSW Workers Compensation Claims

What is workers compensation?

If you are injured either at work or on your way to or from work in New South Wales, you may be entitled to compensation under the New South Wales workers compensation scheme. You may also be entitled to compensation if you are injured whilst on a break, attending training and business travel for work.

Workers Compensation

Irrespective of whether the injury was sustained as a result of your fault or not, you may still be entitled to receive workers compensation payments, payment of any necessary and reasonable medical expenses including travel expenses to and from your treatment and a lump sum payment from the worker’s compensation insurers. Workers Compensation is not a fault based scheme.

When can I claim?

Time limits apply for workers compensation claims in New South Wales, and you should immediately contact Claim Lawyers to obtain personalised advice in this regard.

How do I claim?

In order to lodge a claim, you must first advise your employer that the incident has occurred and you have sustained an injury. A workers NSW compensation claim should then be lodged with your employer who will advise the relevant insurance company. You will need to supply medical evidence to support your claim that you were injured at work from your GP or the hospital attended.

You may be entitled to claim compensation for –

  • Medical expenses, such as
    • doctors expenses
    • surgery expenses
    • some pharmaceutical benefits
  • Rehabilitation expenses, such as
    • physiotherapy
    • chiropractic
    • hydrotherapy
  • Loss of earnings
  • Lump Sum Payments
    • If your injury is permanent, you may be entitled to make a claim for a lump sum payment. This may not affect your weekly benefits.

Lump sum Compensation

If you have sustained a permanent injury you could be entitled to lump sum compensation, irrespective of fault or responsibility. You should immediately contact Claim Lawyers for advice on your entitlements.

Common Law

If you were injured at work and you are able to prove your injury was caused by either your employer’s or another person/company’s negligence, you may be able to make a common law claim.

If your enquiry is not related to making a claim for compensation or compensation for injuries, unfortunately, we are unable to assist you. We ONLY specialise in Personal Injury Law and suggest you contact Legal Aid of the Law Society to find a specialist in other areas of law.

Nothing in this website should be construed as legal advice and is simply general introductory information. Please contact Claim Lawyers for advice specific to your circumstances.

close slider

Tell us about your Claim