Compensation Claims – NT

The Northern Territory do have strict regulations concerning injury law. Therefore the assistance of a specialist injury lawyer or solicitor is important to ensure you receive the compensation to which you are entitled to under the State’s injury law. Time limits apply to different aspects of injury compensation and the assistance of a specialist injury lawyer is required to ensure you receive all the compensation benefits .

Compensation (or compo) is paid for injuries usually arising normally out of someone else’s negligence. However, sometimes just the suffering of an injury allows you to claim compensation. Hence, independent advice is required from a lawyer or solicitor.

If you sustain a work related injury you need to immediately report the accident injury claim to your employer, seek medical attention and report the matter to the workers compensation insurer. If you sustain an industrial injury over and above your compensation entitlements, it is important the accident injury claim is reported to ensure that WorkCover undertake any necessary investigations with regards to negligence. A work related injury does not have to occur through negligence to claim, and if there is a permanent aspect to the injury you will be entitled to a lump sum payout to help cover the pain & suffering; Claim Lawyers can assist you in this respect.

If the injury was sustained in a motor vehicle accident it must be reported to the police and a claim lodged within 6 months. The Northern Territory motor vehicle accident law is not negligence based for accident compensation, and therefore you are entitled to claim even if negligence can not be proven. You can claim loss of earnings, medical expenses and the payout is normally made in one lump sum compensation payment.

There are numerous scenarios in which injuries can occur including medical negligence, victims of crime and product liability or public liability.

The majority of injury cases are settled without the need to go to compensation court by way of negotiation, hence the requirement for a specialist injury lawyer.

The best way to find out more about this topic is to talk to a specialist injury lawyer. Claim Lawyers specialise in all injury law and workers compensation claims. Contact a solicitor at Claim Lawyers today for assistance.

Nothing in this website should be construed as legal advice and is simply general introductory information. Please contact Claim Lawyers for advice specific to your circumstances.

close slider

Tell us about your Claim