QLD Compensation Claims

Injury Compensation Claims + $ Payouts in QLD

Personal Injury compensation laws are completely different in each State / Territory of Australia. To make sure you receive the correct information in relation to the Injury Law of Queensland it is recommended you seek the advice of a specialist injury lawyer or solicitor. This is recommended to establish your entitlements under the State’s injury law. Time limits do apply to injury compensation, and by seeking the advice of a lawyer you can find out if you fall within the limiation period. The assistance of a specialist injury lawyer may be required to represent you.

Compensation, (or compo) is paid for injuries usually arising normally out of someone else’s negligence, however sometimes just suffering an injury allows you to claim compensation and hence independent advice is required from a specialist lawyer or solicitor.

If you sustain a work related injury you need to immediately

  • Report the accident QLD injury claim to your employer
  • Seek medical attention
  • Report the matter to the workers compensation insurer (usually WorkCover QLD)
  • Seek legal advice.

If you sustain an industrial injury over and above your compensation entitlements it is important the accident injury claim is reported to ensure that WorkCover undertake any necessary investigations with regards to negligence. A work related injury does not have to occur through negligence to claim, and if there is a permanent aspect to the injury you will be entitled to a lump sum payout. You can discuss  your injury with an  Claim  Lawyer and establish if negligence is apparent and can be proven.

If the injury was sustained in a motor vehicle accident it must be reported to the police and a claim lodged with the CTP insurer. The law is negligence based for motor vehicle accident compensation, and if negligence can be proven, either wholly or partially, then you can receive a CTP payout by claiming for loss of earnings and medical expenses – the CTP compensation payout is normally made in one lump sum.

Other injuries that may occur include medical negligence, victims of crime, product liability or public liability.

There are many ways to sustain an injury, these may include:

  • In the workplace if you are an independent contractor
  • In the workplace if you are injured by the negligence of a person/company that is NOT your employer
  • Slip & fall eg. On damaged footpaths, in supermarkets, shopping centres or other retail centres
  • Accidents in planes or on boats
  • Accident at school or in the playground
  • Injured at a sporting event or a recreational facility
  • Accidents in the home
  • Injuries due to defective products

The majority of injury cases are settled without the need to attend court. An out of court settlement can be negotiated by a specialist injury lawyer. An out of court settlement is a once off payout, and once the compensation claim amount has been agreed it cannot be re-negotiated at a later date.

Claim Lawyers specialise in injury law and workers compensation claims.

If your enquiry is not related to making a claim for compensation or compensation for injuries, unfortunately we are unable to assist you. We ONLY specialise in Personal Injury Law. We suggest you contact Legal Aid or the Law Society. 

The information in this website should be construed as legal advice and is simply general introductory information. Please contact  Claim Lawyers for advice specific to your circumstances.

close slider

Tell us about your Claim